Whenever there is the potential for destruction to your business by a natural disaster, always make sure that your data and hardware are protected.
Read these additional resources to learn more about the benefits of managed services:
Here are some things to remember to keep your network and equipment as safe and secure as possible in the path of a hurricane, storm, or potential flooding:
- Check backups and off-site copies (make emergency copies of critical systems).
- Plan to protect equipment and critical processes.
- Get with your staff and ensure you have a communication plan on how to stay in touch.
- Shut all systems down and make sure all electronic equipment is disconnected from power outlets to prevent surges.
- Make sure all electronic equipment is covered with heavy plastic and secured with duct tape to protect from water damage.
- Raise power cords, power strips, and towers off the floor.
- Document all serial numbers, model numbers, and purchase details in case of an insurance claim due to loss.
- If you have time, remove hard drives from desktops and place drives in a watertight bag and label which computer it came from.
We Provide Managed IT Services in:
Once the hurricane/storm has passed (or once power has been regained), please contact us with any technical issues.