Senior Virtualization Engineer
Premier provider of IT Solutions throughout the southeast is seeking a Senior Virtualization and Server Engineer to become an integral part of our team!
We are looking for a Virtualization, Server and Network Engineer to implement, maintain, and support our growing client base’s technology infrastructures. You will be part of a systems engineering team that is responsible for designing and developing scalable, maintainable, highly available technology architectures that meet business objectives and SLAs.
This position is responsible for supporting and maintaining the design and integrity of customers’ systems and implementing projects.
- Strong experience implementing VMWare and providing ongoing support, VCP Certification.
- IT support relating to technical issues involving Microsoft systems and applications
- Implementation and support services for Microsoft related technologies – Workstations, servers, Exchange, SQL, SharePoint, etc.
- Thorough understanding and hands on working knowledge of IP routing and switching including BGP, Spanning Tree, VLAN, DSCP, OSPF, MP-BGP, MPLS VPN
- Strong hands on knowledge of Cisco, HP, Adtran routers and switches.
- Able to create and modify security policies on routers, switches, and firewalls.
- Experience as a deskside / onsite support IT engineer
- Experienced at PowerShell scripting
- Proficient in ConnectWise Automate and Manage
- Strong Microsoft Operating system knowledge and troubleshooting skills – Win XP / 7 / 8 / 10
- Experience in providing hands on support for network and datacenter equipment
- Monitor performance and ensure system availability and reliability
- Monitor system resource utilization, trending, and capacity planning
- Provide Level 3 support and troubleshooting to resolve issues
- Work within established configuration and change management policies to ensure awareness, approval and success of changes made to the network infrastructure
- Ability to deliver top-quality technical service to clients
- Demonstrated excellent resource and time management skills
- Strong communication skills – written and oral
- Must be an excellent troubleshooter and problem solver
- Must be highly productive and collaborative
- Ability to travel when necessary
- Proficient in documentation
- Troubleshooting: 7+ years
- Network Engineer: 7+ years
- Driver’s License
Local Charlotte, NC Area Candidates Only Please.
Back to Careers