Access Control and Video Surveillance
AT-NET Services is looking for a Physical Security Engineer with a specialty in access control and video surveillance to implement, maintain, and support our growing client base's technology infrastructures. You will be part of a systems engineering team that is responsible for designing, installing, and maintaining physical infrastructure and security at our client’s offices, warehouses, and production facilities.
The Security Expert Job candidate reports to the I&S Project Manager and does the installation, configuration, and maintenance of networked information systems. Responsibilities also include staying current with different products from a broad spectrum of fields including A.V., Telecom, I.T., Fire Alarms and Security. This position may include running projects in SC, GA, AL, and TN and will be required to travel as needed to these sites. See our Camera and Video CCTV Systems page for more information.
Additional job responsibilities include:
- Provide weekly, monthly and project reports as needed
- Keep all online documentation current and highly organized
- Pulling cable
- Mounting TVs and Cameras
- Installing and testing door access controls
- Drive engineering design quality and execution
- Plans and supports network and computing infrastructure
- Program and assign IP addresses for IP Cameras, Network Video Recorders, Access Control Boards, and other IP Devices.
- Be able to travel and work On Site and Remote
- Being able to document and create installation drawings as well as built documents for system Configurations.
- Able to work with a team and independent.
- Able to offer remote support to field installers
- Collect the information they need to address challenges and decide on the best course of action as a project progresses.
- Have design knowledge of systems for support in trouble shooting.
- Flexibility with design build projects and customer needs.
- Able to read and understand Network and Construction Drawings.
- Setup PCs with new software for applications, firmware updates and assembly.
- Effective Communications Skills.
- Work closely with other Engineers, Project Managers, Field Technicians and Customers.
- Work with Manufactures for design assistance, Bill of Materials, and Integration.
- Pass tests as needed and required
All staff members should have a proficient understanding of the Microsoft Office Suite, including and not limited to Excel, Word, Access, Outlook, and PowerPoint. They should also have an extensive knowledge of the IT industry and commonly used products. The I & S Project Engineer candidate should also have a working background of the following:
- IT Engineering Standards and Best Practices
- Capacity to participate in Product Solution, Certification, and Selection
- Define Network Engineering Standards and Operational Roadmaps
- Extensive experience working with cabling, access control, speakers and theater environments
The position will be primarily in an office environment. You will be expected to travel as needed to company subsidiaries and clients. Periodic weekend or evening work may also be expected. All employees will be required to attend meetings as needed and report back to those as necessary.
The incumbent must maintain strict confidentiality in performing the duties of the Cable Technician Job. The incumbent must also demonstrate the following personal attributes:
- Be honest, flexible, respectful, and trustworthy
- Possess cultural awareness and sensitivity
- Demonstrate sound work ethics
- Have a high degree of stress and time management skills
Any candidate being considered for a position will need to demonstrate effective verbal, written, and listening communications skills. All candidates should have a high level of organization and be well versed in information management and problem-solving skills. The Cable Technician Job position requires the additional attributes:
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to plan and work to an identified set of priorities, which can change rapidly due to unforeseen business needs
- Communicate effectively with team members, other staff, and end users
- Ingenuity and creativity
- Familiarity with the following systems a plus: RS2, Acre, Door King, Vivo Tek, Hanwha, Paxton, Verkada, Windows, Linux, etc.
- Ability to deliver top-quality technical service to clients
- Demonstrated excellent resource and time management skills
- Strong communication skills - written and oral
- Must be an excellent troubleshooter and problem solver
- Must be highly productive and collaborative
- Ability to travel when necessary
- Proficient in documentation
- Troubleshooting: 2-5 years
- Driver's License
- Life and AD&D
- Voluntary Life
- Short-Term Disability
- Long-Term Disability
- Accident Insurance
- Employee Assist (EAP)
- Employer 401(k) Match 4%
- Vacation/Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Employee and Family events
- Career Advancement
- Great Place to Work
Back to Careers or read about our Integration and Security Division
- Troubleshooting: 2-5 years in specified field
- High School Diploma
- Some College but degree not required.