Cable Technician - Charlotte NC
The Cable Technician Job requires a minimum of 2 years experience in the Telecom Data Wiring Field. Previous experience with Vizio, Fluke, and Land Surveyor is sought after.
The Cable Technician Job candidate reports to the I&S Project Manager and does the installation, configuration, and maintenance of networked information systems. Responsibilities also include staying current with different products from a broad spectrum of fields including A.V., Telecom, I.T., Fire Alarms and Security.
- Provide weekly, monthly and project reports as needed
- Keep all online documentation current and highly organized
- Pulling cable
- Mounting TVs and Cameras
- Installing and testing door access controls
- Drive engineering design quality and execution
- Plans and supports network and computing infrastructure
- Documents network problems and resolution for future reference
- Install, splice, terminate and test vertical backbone and horizontal fiber optic and copper cable systems. Including fusion splicing and pigtail splicing, and installing fiber connectors.
- Perform underground construction for cable path creation and modification.
- Install, splice, and terminate inner duct and multi cell inner duct.
- Comprehensive knowledge of fiber optic and copper cable terms and concepts, installation codes, practices, and procedures.
- Fabricate, assemble and install cable pathways including cable trays through facilities, trenches and manholes.
- Route copper and fiber optic cable through pathways while being cognizant of engineering and manufactures' bend radius and tensile strength of cable.
- Fabricate and install equipment racks, do core bores, bonding/grounding.
- Install fire stop devices for cable such as but not limited to; plugs, grommets, collars, pathways, cable transit sleeves and wraps.
- Using test equipment, manufacturer manuals, internal documentation, reference and operating procedures and schematics, troubleshoot and isolate problems.
- Make recommendations to improve work quality, efficiencies, and productivity.
- Adhere to OSHA and Company and customer safety requirements.
All staff members should have a proficient understanding of the Microsoft Office Suite, including and not limited to Excel, Word, Access, Outlook, and PowerPoint. They should also have an extensive knowledge of the IT industry and commonly used products.
The position will be primarily in an office environment. You will be expected to travel as needed to company subsidiaries and clients. Periodic weekend or evening work may also be expected. All employees will be required to attend meetings as needed and report back to those as necessary.
The incumbent must maintain strict confidentiality in performing the duties of the Cable Technician Job. The incumbent must also demonstrate the following personal attributes:
- Be honest, flexible, respectful, and trustworthy
- Possess cultural awareness and sensitivity
- Demonstrate sound work ethics
- Have a high degree of stress and time management skills
Any candidate being considered for a position will need to demonstrate effective verbal, written, and listening communications skills. All candidates should have a high level of organization and be well versed in information management and problem-solving skills. The Cable Technician Job position requires the additional attributes:
- Leadership skills including strong desire to deliver, proactive attitude, relationship building, responsiveness, and tactful candor
- Ability to plan and work to an identified set of priorities, which can change rapidly due to unforeseen business needs
- Communicate effectively with team members, other staff, and end users
- Ingenuity and creativity
- Life and AD&D
- Voluntary Life
- Short-Term Disability
- Long-Term Disability
- Accident Insurance
- Employee Assist (EAP)
- Employer 401(k) Match 4%
- Vacation/Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Employee and Family events
- Career Advancement
- Great Place to Work