Job: Lead Cable Technician
: Integration and SecurityReports To
: Project ManagerSummary:
All employees will be required to perform tasks not normally in their area of responsibility as needed and assigned by Management. Establishes and leads working teams of technicians in the completion of job task assignments provided by a Project Leader. Assumes full responsibility for running small projects as required. Responsibilities of the installer/technician may include but are not limited to wiring or connecting copper and/or fiber optic cabling, the removal of existing cabling, performing adds, moves, and changes of cables as instructed by customer requests, the installation of drops, outlets, patch panels, and other cable system devices. The lead installer/technician will come in contact with various cable types and must understand how to install or be able to learn the termination and testing for all of them. This position requires the installer/technician to understand the industry standards of cable installation. Traveling to different locations is required and must be able to identify the different spaces and pathways for telecommunication cabling.Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assist lead technicians and project leaders in training new technicians and entry-level technicians on proper infrastructure installation techniques.
• Work with all departments to assure that the level of customer service provided meets or exceeds expectations.
• Report to Project Leader, any potential problem areas, which may adversely affect performance or quality.
• Responsible for installing, relocating, disconnecting, troubleshooting, and auditing cable service and ancillary equipment.
• Follows departmental installation policies in compliance with OSHA and NEC standards.
• Properly operates and maintains tools and equipment.
• Must be able and willing to travel and work at industrial plants, which may require climbing, lifting, and working in unusual work environments.
• Report to work in compliance with the Company’s personal appearance and uniform policies.
• Maintains, organizes, and stocks vehicle with the proper equipment in order to perform required duties.
• Responds to customer requests and answers customer questions in a professional, courteous, and effective manner.
• Performs other duties as assigned/needed.Supervisory Responsibilities
The Lead Technician may be asked to supervise installers, otherwise as assigned by the supervisorDesired Characteristics:
• Maintains good public relations.
• Detail-oriented, analytical, and Dependable.
• Process and compliance-focused.
• Ability to work independent of direct supervision; self-starting; Team Player.
• Good organizational, written, and verbal skills (meticulous with regard to documentation).
• Excellent people skills, customer-oriented, willingness to help others.
• Positive and Proactive approach in project management.
• Willingness to travel.
• Strong work ethic and ability to have a flexible work schedule.Requirements, Skills, Qualifications:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.General Qualifications:
• Ability to read general system layouts from blueprints and maps.
• Maintains a positive attitude with team/unit.
• Ensures that all work is carried out in a safe and efficient manner.
• Ability to perform the job from high places (on poles and ladders).
• Ability to interface effectively with other trades. (electrical and general contractors, builders, etc.)
• Motivated, good technical and mechanical skills, and the desire to learn.
• Understanding of each low voltage wiring type and its use.
• Maintains good public relations.Education and/or Experience:
• This position requires a high school diploma or equivalent.
• Basic electronics and/or tech school background.
• Knowledge of basic mathematics.
• A valid driver’s license and an acceptable driving record are needed.
• Ability to drive company vehicle throughout the day
• Ability to lift various items is required, as well to stand for long periods of time and climb ladders.
• Know how to terminate various low voltage wiring including Fiber Optic, Cat 5, Cat 6 (T-568A & B), Coax, and other copper wiring schemes.
• Knowledge of backboard layouts, terminations on 66, 110 blocks, PBX/Centrex lines, basic PC skills; Excel and product-specific programs; digital/analog telephones/programming; 25V/70V distributed speaker systems.
• Telephones switch programming knowledge.
• System integration experience.
• Sufficient manual dexterity to use hand and electric tools such as screwdrivers, wire strippers/coring tools and compression tools, electric drills, test equipment such as toners and meters, etc.Physical Demands:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.• Walk on concrete or other hard floor surfaces: 5-8 hours
• Standing continuously: 4-8 hours
• Lift minimum weight unassisted of up to 70 lbs: 4-8 hours
• Operate transportation equipment: 6-8 hours
• Pull heavy items: 4-8 hours
• Repetitive use of hands/manual dexterity: 6-8 hours
• Work continuously for 6-10 hours per day, 5 days a week (with legally required breaks): 6-8 hours
• Repetitively climbing: 4-8 hours
• Continuous repetitive kneeling: 4-8 hours
• Reaching – overhead: up to 3 hours; shoulder: 4-8 hours; below shoulder: up to 4 hours
• Twisting: 4-8 hours
• Bending: 4-8 hours
• Specific vision abilities required for this job include close vision, distance vision, ability to adjust, or focus. Position requires repetitive lifting and carrying of equipment (up to 70lbs), as well as crawling, reaching, stooping, pushing, pulling, twisting, and pole & ladder climbing.Work Environment:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud. Exposure to hot and cold temperatures. This is a high stress and fast-paced environment.Special Requirements (established by supervisor) must be willing to work overtime, holidays, and weekends as requested by Management.Apply Here or send your Resume and Contact Information to Careers@at-net.net