Best Practices are:
- Make sure information technology security employees are available during weekends and holidays.
- Implement multi-factor authentication for remote access and administrative accounts.
- Mandate strong passwords and ensure they are not reused across multiple accounts.
- Ensure the security of remote desktop protocol if they are used.
- Remind employees and guests not to click on suspicious links.
- Review and update ransomware incident response and communication plans.
- Shop only through trusted sources: Look at the URL in your browser. Does the URL look suspicious?
- Recognize phishing scams: Don’t click unknown links or download attachments. Never provide password, personal or financial information in response to an unsolicited email.
- Use safe methods for purchases: Never provide financial information when using public Wi-Fi. Use a credit card instead of a debit card and check account statements frequently. Credit cards give protection to users over debit cards.
Check out our Managed Services offerings, they can drastically help your security stance.